Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back to School

Oklahoma City's public schools are beginning this school year August 1.  It is a new extended school year plan.  I like the idea so I hope that it succeeds.  I'm worried about the heat.  The kids will not be able to go outside for recess until the temperatures reach the 90's which could be until September.  I just hope the old buildings and the new can withstand the heat and cool those kids! 


My daughter will start 4th grade this year.  She is growing up so fast.  With her age, comes her strong opinions about her clothes, hair and anything else involved with her image.  You can imagine how happy I was when she asked me to make her a bag for school Green Envy Girls style.  She has always been so excited and proud of Green Envy Girls.  I think this is the biggest compliment.  She chose the colors of turquoise, lime green and brown.  So Maggie and I chose the fabrics and went to work with a deadline of August 1.


I was pretty excited about my new t-shirt jersey technique.  I discussed it with Kya and she said she'd love the lime green jersey on the sides.  We also added a brown vinyl on the bottom so that the bag can withstand some 4th grader abuse.


Kya also chose her fabrics for the flower design on the front which included a zipper flower in the center.


She also needed a pocket to store goodies for school.  We took a pocket off of a girls pair of cargo pants and added a lime green button for a special detail.



In other news, Maggie and I have been busy working on a new design for iPad bags.  They will hang about hip length with a long strap.  Maggie and I both carry our iPads everywhere.  I've really started to pull away from the desktop and utilize all the wonderful technology and apps available on the iPad. 
Stay cool in every way and thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. Kya is the coolest Green Envy Girl! Hope her first day of 4th grade rocks!

    ReplyDelete