Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zippers

For years, I've been going to estate sales and collecting vintage fabrics and notions. I get super excited about old buttons, snaps and zippers. I really could just display them and look at them all day without using them. When I find a treasure such as an old, aged button, it's pretty sad to let it go. I feel like I've saved it from it's demise and resurrected it into life again hopeful that someone will recognize its special story. It's fun to find a stack of buttons or a pile of zippers with the price tags still attached.
This picture is from my personal stash of zippers that we use on all our bags, pouches and totes.  You can still see the 17 cent price tag from TG&Y.  Do you remember TG&Y.  We had one in the small town I grew up in. 


I'm really looking foward to Spring and Summer and warmer weather for many reasons.  One of my favorite things to do is visit garage sales and add to my already HUGE collection of goodies for GreenEnvyGirls.  Isn't it strange how we all come out of our homes when the weather warms up as if we've all been hibernating.  We clean our houses and have sales hoping someone else will get use out of something that we are finished with.  I feel as if I need to have a garage sale each year or our home becomes too clogged.

I've mentioned before how we are working some new designs for our zipper pouches.  We are going to make 6 different sizes.  We will create them in sets where we coordinate the fabrics to match if someone chose to buy them as a set.  These will be the perfect size for your purse, up to your makeup and then large enough to carry hairdryers and brushes or even your art supplies.  Here is sneak peak.  I'm really excited about them and of course they will have a signature GreenEnvyGirls button or two on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment